1. Saddam Hussein convinced his generals that he really had WMDs.
2. The exiles bamboozled the Administration into war by telling it what it wanted to hear. “They told us about weapons in order to get us to invade Iraq,” he said. “They moved U.S. policy, and we didn’t catch it.”
3. The war was a good idea, all the same. SH could and would have rebuilt his WMD stockpiles as soon as the sanctions went off, and they couldn’t stay on forever.
4. Kay warned about prisoner abuses, but no one in the military would listen.
5. Senior heads have to roll, or no one in the Middle East will believe that torture was an aberration rather than a policy choice.