“Be fruitful and multiply.”
I have some actual news to report, but first some commentary.
1. Yes, in general a politician’s sex life is his or her own business, meaning none of mine.
2. However, if a politician uses “the sanctity of marriage” as an excuse for gay-baiting, then he deserves to be taunted mercilessly if he ignored his own wedding vows.
3. Hiring the services of a prostitute may or may not be a sin, and God may or may not have forgiven David Vitter. (Apparently he has a direct line to Heaven, but I don’t.) But it’s certainly a crime. It’s bad for lawmakers to commit crimes.
4. If Sen. Vitter thinks that hiring prostitutes shouldn’t be a crime, does he plan to propose repealing the law? (Even under Home Rule, Congress has the power to change the laws in the District of Columbia.) If he thinks it should be a crime, does he plan to confess and plead guilty?
5. The Bush Administration is so fervently opposed to prostitution that it opposes providing HIV-prevention services to workers in the sex trade, putting them, their customers, and their customers’ spouses at risk of what remains an incurable disease. Does Sen. Vitter think he and his wife deserve to get AIDS from his interactions with prostitutes? If not, would he like to reconsider his support for that stupid and vicious policy?
6. It turns out that the escort or escorts Vitter hired from the Palfrey service weren’t his only experience with commercial sex. Vitter carried on an affair of several months’ duration with a prostitute — pardon me, that’s “sex worker” — from the French Quarter. (The lady’s surname sounds Hispanic; perhaps, as a friend suggested, Sen. Vitter’s fervent opposition to immigration reform reflected a general disposition to screw Latinas.)
So much is public. Now here’s the news.
It isn’t yet public, though apparently it’s widely known in Louisiana political circles, that Vitter’s commercial romance was blessed with issue. Reportedly his natural child now lives with her mother in Alexandria, VA. That they are receiving financial support from the Senator has not been shown.
One thought on “Sen. Vitter obeys the mitzvah of Gen. 1:28 …”
Vitter's Diaper-Clad Love Child Toddles Among Us
Looks like Louisiana’s Greatest Whoremongering Senator David Vitter should’ve considered stronger protection than a diaper. Because according to one blog that we’ve never heard of and that names no sources… It isn’t yet pu…
Comments are closed.