Here is what I hope you will find a pleasant waste of your time: A pub quiz based around the theme of three of a kind. Google not and do your best. Answers after the jump. Please post scores and any comments/critiques at the end. Good luck.
1. Name Donald Duckâ€™s 3 Nephews.
2. Name 3 of the 5 Marx Brothers of vaudeville and Hollywood fame.
3. Name 3 of the 5 oldest universities in the United States.
4. Name 3 of the Brady kids on the television show â€œThe Brady Bunchâ€.
5. George Washington’s face is on the $1 bill and Abraham Lincoln’s is on the $5 bill. Name three other presidents whose faces appear on U.S. paper currency.
6. In Catholic theology, the four cardinal virtues are prudence, temperance, fortitude, and justice. What are the three heavenly graces?
7. In the popular childrenâ€™s poem â€œDutch lullabyâ€, who were the three sailors in a wooden shoe?
8. What U.S. stateâ€™s three most populous cities all begin with the letter “C” ?
9. Name 3 of the 5 countries that export the most oil to the United States.
10. Names three First Ladies of the United States from the first half of the 20th century.
One point for each answer you get completely right (maximum score = 10). Take half a point if you judge your answer was pretty close to correct.
1. Huey, Dewey and Louie
2. Any 3 of Harpo, Zeppo, Gummo, Groucho, and Chico
3. Any 3 of Harvard, Princeton, Yale, William & Mary, and Penn
4. Any 3 of Bobby, Peter, Greg, Cindy, Jan and Marsha
5. Any 3 of Jefferson ($2), Jackson ($20), Grant ($50), McKinley ($500), Cleveland ($1000), Madison ($5000), and Wilson ($100,000).
6. Faith, Hope, and Charity
7. Wynken, Blynken, and Nod
9. Any 3 of Canada, Iraq, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, and Venezuela. Because of the recent ISIS violence, Iraq may drop out of this list by year’s end so Kuwait or Colombia instead are okay as answers.
10. Any 3 of Ida McKinley, Edith Roosevelt, Helen Taft, Ellen Wilson, Edith Wilson, Florence Harding, Grace Coolidge, Lou Henry Hoover, (Anna) Eleanor Roosevelt, and Bess Truman. If you answered something smart alecky like “Mrs. Truman, Mrs. Hoover, Mrs. Taft” without giving first names, give yourself half a point for sheer chutzpah.