This is 10 question quiz about food. Google not and see how well you can do. Please post corrections, comments and scores at the end. Answers after the jump.
1. British people consume more of which flavor of cheese than of all others combined? Here is a hint: It is NOT Red Leicester, Tilsit, Caerphilly, Bel Paese, Red Windsor, Stilton, Ementhal, Gruyere, Norweigan Jarlsburg, Lipta, Lancashire, White Stilton, Danish Brew, Double Goucester, Cheshire, Dorset Bluveny, Brie, Roquefort, Pol le Veq, Port Salut, Savoy Aire, Saint Paulin, Carrier de lest, Bres Bleu, Bruson, Camenbert, Gouda, Edam, Case Ness, Smoked Austrian, Japanese Sage Darby, Wensleydale, Greek Feta, Gorgonzola, Parmesan, Mozarella, Paper Cramer, Danish Bimbo, Czech sheep’s milk, Venezuelan Beaver Cheese, Ilchester or Limburger.
2. The Ancient Egyptians buried what vegetable with the Pharoahs because its circle within a circle structure symbolized eternal life?
3. Mexicans coming to the U.S. in the late 1800s introduced Americans to the habit of chewing chichle, a substance from the sapadilla tree we more commonly call what?
4. Apples, pears, quinces, apricots, plums, cherries, peaches, raspberries, loquats, and strawberries are all related to what well-known and lovely smelling flower?
5. Because the first varieties of this fruit to reach Europe were yellow, Italians named it pomodoro, which translates to â€œapple of goldâ€. Centuries later, it was classified as a vegetable to allow collection of an import tariff. What is it?
6. Who invented dry breakfast cereal?
7. From what vegetable is sauerkraut made?
8. True or False, â€œBabyâ€ carrots are carrots harvested before they are full-grown.
9. What are two most popular flavors of ice cream in the United States?
10. Name either of the two ingredients used to make Postâ€™s Grape Nuts Cereal.
ANSWERS (1 point each).
6. The Kellogg brothers (full marks if you just said Kellogg)
8. False — they are full size carrots peeled and polished down to size.
9. Vanilla and Chocolate
10. Wheat and Barley — no grapes and no nuts