Comments

• Unconcerned says

Okay. Where was he supposed to be? Should he have been chained to his desk, like some sort of executive branch galley slave, pulling the oars of the ship of state?

1. Ken Rhodes says

I’m disappointed.

I whould have thought Mr. Kerry would have been on that big Ocean Alexander yacht behind him in the last picture.

• Ken Rhodes says

Please note my new word “whould.” I couldn’t decide between should and would, so I wrote both of them.

…or maybe it was a typo. I can’t remember.

2. Ken Rhodes says

I’m trying to remember hearing of the U.S. condemning another nation’s “surveillance” (i.e., spying) programs.

3. koreyel says

Yeah that is awkward in a stupid way: All governments spy.
    Always have. Always will.
    So quit already with the Gallic noble nose pose.

But this…
    This is awkward in a truly awkward way:

Libertarian and Liberal Hero Snowden being exposed by the citizen surveillance state as having opinions such as these:

WTF NYTIMES
    Are they TRYING to start a war?
    Jesus christ they’re like wikileaks
    they’re just reporting, dude.
    They’re reporting classified shit
    shrugs
    about an unpopular country surrounded by enemies already engaged in a war
    and about our interactions with said country regarding planning sovereignity violations of another country
    you don’t put that shit in the NEWSPAPER
    meh
    moreover, who the fuck are the anonymous sources telling them this?
    those people should be shot in the balls.

And this:

Somehow, our society managed to make it hundreds of years without social security just fine
    you fucking retards
    Magically the world changed after the new deal, and old people became made of glass

my grandmother is eighty fucking three this year, and you know what? she still supports herself working as a goddamned hairdresser
    [other user] no after all these years, i can tell when TTH is just being stupid (it’s always)
    she doesn’t approve of social security, either
    TheTrueHOOHA: wow i love how your one data point is all the evidence we need
    i for one am convined
    maybe when you grow up and actually pay taxes, you’ll understand, [User11].

• Keith Humphreys says

It’s more than a little odd that he revealed himself because “he didn’t want to become the story”. What did he think would happen?