William Nordhaus has written a concise piece stating his views about climate change skeptics. He focuses on six questions.
• Is the planet in fact warming?
• Are human influences an important contributor to warming?
• Is carbon dioxide a pollutant?
• Are we seeing a regime of fear for skeptical climate scientists?
• Are the views of mainstream climate scientists driven primarily by the desire for financial gain?
• Is it true that more carbon dioxide and additional warming will be beneficial?
He doesn’t tackle the question of climate change adaptation but the skeptics haven’t even bothered to raise this issue.