I am in Bozeman, MT. While I miss LA, this might be the right place for me . I have greatly enjoyed my time as a Visiting Fellow at PERC. Part of the fun is the morning newspaper. Given Prof. Kleiman’s interest in crime, I’m hoping he will take a close look at this set of reports. I know that the RBC focuses on serious topics but some of you must admit that this is funny?
The Bozeman Police Department reports:
- Two women in “nasty swimsuits” were trying to get into a bar on North Rouse Avenue just after midnight. The caller, an employee, called the women “zombies.” She said the women were “scantily clad and not welcome at the business.” Police arrested one of the women on a warrant.
- A 17-year-old man was cited and released at the Gallatin Valley Mall for stealing a shot glass from a store.
- Lifeguards at the Bogert Park pool asked police to get a man to leave after he was rude and confrontational.
- A man called a woman to get drugs. He had the wrong number. He was “obscene” to the woman.
- Someone closed off West Babcock Street with signs meant for another street.
- Officers advised people to keep the noise down at a birthday party that had started Saturday night and was still going around noon Sunday.
- A caller saw his cat sitting in the window of a neighbor’s home upon returning home around 2 p.m. The cat was outside when the man left home.
- A man was holding a sign outside Walmart that read, “Why lie, I’m looking for a joint.”
The Gallatin County Sheriff’s Office reports for Monday included the following:
- Cows were on Round Mountain Road.
- A woman on Paradise Vista Road told deputies a driver was parked outside her home during the early morning hours.
- A woman on River Rock Road arrived home and found her 16-year-old daughter and her friends drinking alcohol.