1. Â John McCain is a man of integrity. Â I know this because he has said so himself, over and over and over, and because every reporter in Washington seems to believe him, even in the face of all the evidence.
2. A man of integrity keeps his commitments. Â Otherwise what does “integrity” mean?
3. John McCain promised to fight for campaign finance reform “Until I draw my last breath.” Dana Milbank, self-described “original McCainiac,” says so.
4. The man now in office as the senior Senator from Arizona refuses to fight for campaign finance reform in the wake of the Citizens United decision. That same man has also disowned all of McCain’s other “maverick” stances, for example by voting against the budget commission that was one of the main planks in his campaign platform.
5. Therefore, John McCain has, in fact, drawn his last breath, and the man now voting and blathering in his name is an impostor.