The FBI turns 100 this month. Here are 5 gifts I’d love to get the Bureau:
1. An electronic case file system that actually works.
2. Phone books that stop labeling analysts “support,” the catch-all category for non-agents that lumps analysts with secretaries, janitors, and mechanics.
3. Filling the 38% of international counter-terrorism supervisor positions that are currently vacant.
4. Filling them with counter-terrorism experts. Short video training sessions don’t count.
5. An honorary picture of Bassem Youssef in every FBI field office and HQ. Youssef, the Bureau’s highest ranking Arab-American agent, gave hair-raising whistleblower testimony before Congress a few weeks ago.