May it please the court:
1. The Bush Administration orders the invasion of Iraq on the premise the Iraq is stockpiling weapons of mass destruction.
2. No WMDs are found.
3. The Army finds some trailers that look as if they might be mobile biowarfare labs.
4. The Defense Intelligence Agency investigates.
5. The DIA report comes back negative: the trailers are “the biggest sand toilet in the world.”
6. Two days later, the President announces “We have found the WMD.”
7. The DIA report proving the President is a liar is stamped “Secret.”
8. Three years later, news of the report leaks out.
Ladies and gentlemen, I rest my case.